Application deadline July 17, 2013
Admission to IMT’s PhD program is competitive on an international level, with evaluation mainly focusing on past academic performance (grades) and scientific relevance to the selected track. First and foremost, however, certain basic formal requirements must be met before candidates are eligible to apply. Namely, applicants must have completed and obtained a degree equivalent to at least 4 years of university studies. (Students in their final year of undergraduate study may be admitted on the condition that their bachelor’s degree is awarded before they enroll at IMT.)
Applications are open to candidates without regard to nationality, age, gender or religion. Proficiency in English is compulsory as research and teaching are conducted in English. No knowledge of Italian is requested. Candidates must apply via the online application form by the deadline set in the Call for Applications (July 17th, 2013 at 18:00 Italian time).
Formal requirement for admission are:
- “Laurea Magistrale” (or “Specialistica”) or a “Laurea Vecchio Ordinamento” from an Italian University
- A foreign university degree of at least 4 years (or full time equivalent – the eligibility of the foreign degree is assessed by the track selection committee).
- Applicants obtaining their degree by no later than October 31, 2013 can also apply.
- Applications for the PhD Program can only be submitted electronically.
- Applicants must fill out the online application form (registration required), providing personal data and attaching the required documents.
- Basic instructions for the submission procedure will be provided after registration.
- Applications cannot be submitted after the deadline.
Each applicant must select the desired track (and curriculum, if applicable) for which they wish to apply. Candidates can also apply to more than one track and/or curriculum; in this case, without changing the basic personal information, the “education” section can be varied in accordance with each track/curriculum.
Data included in the application form can be modified and updated until the final submission. No further modifications are generally possible after the final submission. In exceptional circumstances, the candidate should contact the PhD office firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to high traffic near the call closure, applicants are encouraged to submit their application well in advance of the deadline to avoid last-minute congestion in the online application procedure!
See complete details on the application procedure in the Application guidelines.
For any additional questions, please contact the PhD office email@example.com directly.
Info taken from official website.